Best Swimming Watches
Whether you are a seasoned swimmer or a newbie looking to log your workouts. As swimming lesson providers, we know that a swim watch or activity tracker is vital if you want to enhance your swimming performance. !
To make things easy, we’ve picked out the top 5 swimming watches on the market right now. Read on to find out more about each product and check out our handy buyers guide to make sure you get the best
model for you. Let’s dive in!
The Fitbit Versa 2 is a tough athletic watch that comes with several fitness-tracking features. It features Amazon Alexa integrated for efficiency, which can deliver a wealth of useful data such as weather updates, as well as set reminders and alarms. You can also use your voice to control your gadgets and other devices with this smartwatch.
In addition, the watch can monitor your heart rate, which aids in tracking your sleeping habits, restlessness, and quality of sleep. It also tracks steps, distances, calories burnt, hourly exercise, active periods, and a variety of other metrics. The battery life of the watch is around 6 days. When your smartphone is around, the wristwatch capability allows it to take calls and send texts. However, only on Android can you send rapid responses and voice responses.
One of the primary concerns that one may have is the cost. The Fitbit Versa isn’t inexpensive – it’s actually one of the priciest watches on this list. On the other hand, if you want a watch that can be modified with various accessories, can manage a wide range of sports and exercises, and can function as an expansion of your cell phone, this may be a worthwhile purchase.
- Great battery life – This watch can last for up to 6 days before it needs to be recharged.
- Smart connectivity – This watch can act as a remote to control other smart devices in your home.
- Calorie counter – When swimming, this watch will track your distance as well as how many calories you have burned.
- It’s expensive – The Fitbit Versa 2 is one of the most expensive options on this list.
You can’t really go wrong with this wristwatch, which offers users to select from four various dial styles, with an additional 30 variations available via the app. The device can operate for up to ten days on a single charge of only two hours. Because it’s waterproof, you wouldn’t even need to remove it when washing your hands or getting some exercise in the rain.
You can also change the look of your watch faces. It can be any picture, such as one of your family or a pet. This watch has the ability to assess breathing and heart rate. The outcome is positive, and it also provides an alarm when an irregular heart rate is detected. It also functions like a pedometer and a sleep tracker, making it an excellent exercise partner.
The AGPTEK digital watch works with most iOS 9.0 and Android 5.0 or newer cell phones to alert you of phone calls, messages, emails, appointments from your calendar, and app notifications. However, this watch doesn’t allow you to answer phone calls or respond to text messages through the device itself.
- Customisable design – You can switch out the watch face for different designs or insert your own photographs.
- Activity tracker – This watch will monitor your heart rate and sleeping habits and it even includes a handy calorie counter.
- Long battery life – This watch can function for up to a whole week on just a single 2-hour charge.
- No responding function – Although this watch will notify you of phone calls and text messages, it doesn’t allow you to reply or answer the call through the device itself.
The PALADA Men’s Digital Sports Watch has an attractive sports display design with a military-style view that will complement your entire look. The watch boasts a huge numbers screen and a huge and bright dial. As a result, you won’t have to strain to tell the time, which can often distract you when swimming. Even when exercising in the dark, the screen clearly displays the time.
Since it is water-resistant up to 50 metres, the PALADA Men’s Digital Sports Watch is ideal for swimming. You can also use it as you bathe or shower or wash your hands without having to worry about damaging the device. Long-term underwater activities, such as diving, are not recommended.
This watch also contains a chronograph to assist you to measure your progress. It also includes a timer and an automatic calendar. It is essentially a high-quality and durable sports watch that is light and comfortable and can resist significant impacts during the action. It boasts an acrylic mirror in its dial pane that is exceptionally vivid, extensive, and scuff-proof.
- Waterproof – This watch is perfect for swimming, as it can withstand depths of up to 50 metres.
- Attractive – This watch features military-style designs and components that are sure to complement any outfit.
- LED backlight – The easy-to-read display makes this watch ideal for late-night exercises and activities.
- No diving – This watch isn’t suitable for long-term underwater activities such as deep-water diving.
The next device on this list is not a smartwatch, but it is highly recommended for aquatic use. It is a traditional sports wristwatch that can be used for snorkelling and swimming. The Timex Ironman Classic is available in 2 colours: black and navy blue, with a detachable black 16mm plastic band. It has a 38mm overall circumference and a 12.73mm case width, as well as a backlit display with a fixed bezel feature.
Despite the fact that it is a conventional swimming watch, it is extremely popular on the market right now. Timer setting up is simple since you only need to draw the shaft out and twist it to adjust the time. You must configure it in accordance with the time zone and local time.
This aquatic-oriented watch features a 24-hour army time setting as well as a Quartz mechanism. Furthermore, this watch will allow you to adjust the time in 2 distinct time zones for your convenience. This amazing manual wristwatch from Timex also includes a day, month, and yearly calendar layout. This vintage swimming-themed timepiece from the Ironman classic series is powered by a Lithium Metal battery. This dedicated swimming watch has a battery capacity of up to 10 years.
- Waterproof capability – This watch is perfect for swimming as it can withstand depths of up to 100 meters.
- Long battery life – This watch can last up to a decade before you’ll need to change the battery.
- Calendar function – You can set timers or countdowns thanks to the calendar feature.
- Limited instructions – This watch doesn’t come with in-depth directions on how to use it, so it may take some time to figure out.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 is an excellent fitness tracker that also functions as a competitive swim watch. It is portable and has long battery life. When you put it on your arm, it begins to examine your heartbeat and the oxygenation capability of your body depending on age and physicality. It also has a stress measurement tool that monitors your stress level during the day. Aside from this, it relates to the number of laps and the distance travelled.
This swim wristwatch isn’t only for swimming; it also comes packed with 14 various training applications, including cycling, yoga, and jogging. While evaluating your health, you can effortlessly trade exercises. When participating in these sports, the watch ensures that you do not overlook any vital alerts by displaying them all clearly.
Garmin’s Vivoactive 3 is a one-of-a-kind workout watch. It just about checks every box. The GPS technology, pulse rate monitors, and altimeter are all extremely accurate. It records your swims as well as other fitness activities. It’s not the most visually appealing smartwatch, but it offers everything you’d expect in a sports watch.
- Great for swimmers – This watch is perfect for water sports such as swimming and diving and it is even equipped to measure your stroke count.
- Long battery life – This watch can function for up to a whole week on just a single 2-hour charge.
- Online features – With this watch, you can use their online connectivity features to monitor your progress.
- It’s a little clunky – This watch isn’t the most attractive swim watch on the market, and it’s quite a bit larger than most.
The first feature to explore is the lap tracking capability, which is unique to swim watches. A watch’s lap tracking mechanism counts how many lengths you’ve swum. obviously, this will only be used when you’re actually in the water.. This is a useful feature for swimmers because it enables you to receive information on how much you’ve swum so you can analyze your overall performance and track your improvement. This is especially crucial because it is easy to lose track of how many meters you have managed to swim.
For swimming in deep or open water, a swimming watch with GPS is essential. This will assist you in keeping track of your whereabouts and ensuring that you are never swimming too far out or in regions where you ought not to be. This is especially crucial to avoid locations where ships are heading, as this can represent a significant potential hazard to swimmers who are not detected by vessels.
Some watches can communicate with a variety of applications. This allows users to share and save your achievement, which can be entertaining when discussing and interacting with others. When it comes to connection, the capabilities of different watches vary greatly. However, the option to save your progress and receive precise data is something that can be extremely beneficial for development as well as seeing how you have progressed and evolved as a swimmer.
Durability and sturdy construction are also important considerations. Swimming is an activity that may be tough and abrasive, so you’ll want to choose a watch that can withstand extreme conditions and survive for a long period of time. Most swimming timepieces are built of robust and long-lasting water-resistant silicone or resin, but this isn’t always the case.
Are fitness trackers suitable for swimming?
Sometimes. If your fitness tracker is waterproof and can withstand the depths of an average swimming pool, then you’re good to go. Some fitness trackers even come with lap counters and other aquatic capabilities to make this possible.